Here’s a running list of research papers I’ve found on autistic women and/or late-in-life diagnosis. I’m not a fan of the “disorder” or “with autism” language, but that’s mostly what we’ve got from the research, thus far.
- BEHIND THE MASK: THE EXPERIENCE OF ASSESSMENT, DIAGNOSIS AND LIVING WITH AUTISM FOR GIRLS AND YOUNG WOMEN
- The Experiences of Late-diagnosed Women with Autism Spectrum Conditions: An Investigation of the Female Autism Phenotype
- Demographic and Cognitive Profile of Individuals Seeking a Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder in Adulthood
- Self-Reported Empathy in Adult Women with Autism Spectrum Disorders – A Systematic Mini Review
Additional resources / writing / podcasts about “late-diagnosed” women
- Living On The Autism Spectrum: Women Talk About Their Diagnoses As Adults
- Google Search results for late-diagnosed autistic women (probably your best bet, considering this is a shifting area of study which is continually evolving)
If you have others you’d like to recommend, please let me know – comment below.
I need to have a decent list to share with people (including my own healthcare providers). And if others can have access to a list of decent, current research on women on the spectrum, so much the better.